Jenks West Elementary Counseling Services
Letter from the counselors and principals: Developing Students’ Core Values At JWE
Please contact your child’s building counselor if you are experiencing a financial hardship and your child is in need of any the following:
· Shoes for school
· Warm coat
· Food/snacks for the weekend
· School supplies
JWE counselors are committed to providing activities, interventions, and services which assist students to achieve their maximum personal development as respectful, responsible, and safe individuals and members of our learning community.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Spending time in the classrooms with teachers and students.
- Facilitating small group social skills/life skills mini-lessons when needed.
- Collaborating and consulting with teachers and parents.
- Supporting students in times of struggle.
- Sharing developmentally appropriate resources, strategies, and interventions.
- Scheduling programs/assemblies addressing bullying, friendship,feelings, careers, and making safe choices.
If you feel your child needs assistance, please contact your
child's counselor or teacher.
|K-3rd Bld D||K-2nd Bld A||3rd & 4th Bld F||Pre-Kindergarten Building B & GLC|
|Heather Allen||Amy LaGere||Jennifer Prescott||Sara Wilson|
299-4415 X 5659
299-4415 X 5610
|299-4415 X 6121||299-4415 X 5941|
Throughout the school year your child's teacher has emphasized JWE’s Attitudes of Excellence which are inclusive of the IB Attitudes and Learner Profile.
PYP learners develop and apply the following attitudes: appreciation, commitment, confidence, cooperation, creativity, curiosity, empathy, enthusiasm, independence, integrity, respect and tolerance.