Native American Education
Upcoming NAE Parent Meetings
Thursday, February 13, 2020
JOM @ 6:00 PM Title VI @ 7:00 PM
Education Service Center
211 East A Street Jenks, OK 74037
Your involvement is crucial to the success of the program!
Welcome to Jenks Public Schools Native American Education Program. Our program is a grant funded program for those students with evidence of Native American descent. The program operates with guidance from the Title VI and Johnson-O'Malley American Indian Education Parent Councils and Jenks Public Schools. Your involvement in the Parent Council is the backbone of this program. You are invited to attend all Council meetings.
Enrollment in the Native American Education (NAE) is not automatic at the time of school enrollment. A 506 Form and tribal citizenship card documentation of the student must be on file in the NAE office in order for a student to be enrolled in the NAE program.
Through the funding provided by Johnson-O'Malley and Title VI grants, NAE provides financial support and supplemental programs for Native American and Alaska Native students enrolled in Jenks Public Schools. Among the program offerings are:
* Tutoring program
* Native American library and resource room
* Basic school supplies PK-12
* Community services and resources information
* Cultural presentations
* Cultural Enrichment Days
* Higher Education and Scholarship Information
* Liaison for school/ student/ parent communication
* Liaison for tribal sponsored contests and awards recognition
* Class fee assistance
* Convocation (seniors)
* Tuition fee waivers for Summer School (Limited funding per approval of NAE application)
For questions contact:
(918)299-4415 ext. 2769