Student Internet/Computer User Policy/Privacy Policies
Jenks Public Schools provides access to the Internet for educational purposes. Each District computer with Internet access has filtering software that blocks access to visual depictions that are obscene, pornographic, inappropriate for students, or harmful to minors, as defined by the federal Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). The District makes every effort to limit access to objectionable material; however, controlling all such materials on the computer/network/Internet is impossible, even with filtering in place. With global access to computers and people, a risk exists that students may access material that may not be of educational value in the school setting. Please read the following Student Internet/Computer User Policy.
- I recognize that the District network and Internet access is a privilege and responsibility by:
- Using my computer time and resources for academic purposes.
- Utilizing Web 2.0 tools as an extension of the classroom.
- Using appropriate language and graphics whether posting and publishing from home or at school when using email, blogs, podcasts, or other Web 2.0 tools.
2. I will respect and protect the privacy of others by:
- Using only assigned accounts.
- Not viewing, using, or copying passwords, data, or networks to which I am not authorized.
- Not distributing personal information (telephone numbers and addresses) about myself or others.
3. I will show respect for other computer and Internet users by:
- Using appropriate language and graphics.
- Communicating only in ways that are kind and respectful.
4. I will respect and protect the intellectual property of others by:
- Not infringing on copyrights (making illegal copies of music, games, and/or movies is prohibited).
- Not plagiarizing (i.e., using the words or works or others without giving credit).
5. I understand and agree with the District’s use of Google Apps for Education (GAFE) according to the following:
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) applies to commercial companies and limits their ability to collect personal information from children under 13.
By default, advertising is turned off for Jenks Public School’s presence in Google Apps for Education.
Google for Education
McGraw Hill Everyday Mathematics
Pearson: PowerSchool, Successnet, Successnet Plus
Raz Kids Learning A-Z
Renaissance Place: STAR Reading, STAR Early Literacy, STAR Reading Spanish, English in a Flash
TCI Social Studies: