The primary objective of Health Services at Jenks Public Schools is to support excellence in student learning by functioning as health care providers and care managers in the school setting.
JPS School Nurses:
- Promote an optimal level of health for students, staff, and the community.
- Serve as consultants for the health concerns of students, families, and staff.
- Provide health interventions, education, and referrals to address actual or potential health problems.
- Implement health care practices consistent with the National School Nurse Association and OK State Department of Health Standards of Care.
- Serve as a link between health care providers, families, staff, and community agencies to support student and family health.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases through immunization programs, early intervention, surveillance and follow-up of contagious diseases.
Nurses and Health Assistants
A team consisting of a consulting MD, full-time licensed RN’s, LPN’s and Health Assistants provide Health and Wellness Services on JPS campuses. Health services collaborate with site-based Healthy and Fit Committees to consistently achieve Gold Standard Recognition by the State of OK Governor’s Commission of Healthy and Fit Schools.