Dr. Lisa Muller Named 2021 OASA District 5 Assistant Superintendent of the Year
The Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) is pleased to announce Dr. Lisa Muller of Jenks Public Schools as the 2021 OASA District 5 Assistant Superintendent/Central Office Administrator of the Year. Dr. Muller will be recognized at the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA) Summer Leadership Conference on June 8-10.
OASA annually recognizes outstanding administrators who:
- demonstrate successful experience in top level educational administration
- have a sound, dynamic and realistic philosophy of education
- can inspire and motivate people and give support and recognition for the contributions of others
- have a record which evidences continued professional and personal growth through appropriate training and experiences including skills in human relations and the stamina to cope with the pressures of the job
- have the ability to speak for education on all levels with special emphasis on the district level
- have made contributions to educational administration
“School leaders truly do what matters most for student success,” said Dr. Pam Deering, CCOSA/OASA Executive Director. “These school leaders have led through a pandemic and budget cuts this year along with many other challenges. They have worked tirelessly for students. Lisa Muller is among the best of Oklahoma administrators. We are excited and proud to recognize these outstanding leaders.”
OASA has 20 Districts that consist of multiple counties. Eligible OASA members are nominated and selected by their peers in their OASA District.
Muller, who has worked in education for 30 years, arrived at Jenks Public Schools in 1997 as a high school history teacher. She served as an instructional coach before beginning her career in administration as a high school assistant principal in 2000. Muller moved the Teaching and Learning Department as Assistant Superintendent for Continuous Improvement in 2007 and began her current position as Associate Superintendent for Educational Services in 2017.
“I’m honored to be selected as the Oklahoma Association of School Administrators District 5 Central Office Administrator of the Year. This recognition is the result of the dedicated work of our team in the Teaching and Learning Department and at school sites across the district,” Muller stated. “During my career at Jenks Public Schools, I have been fortunate to work with so many people who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our students.”