Updated Event Guidelines for Winter Sport Season
JENKS ATHLETICS EVENT GUIDELINES
Dear Student-Athletes, Coaches, Staff, Officials, Administrators, Parents, and Patrons,
We would like to welcome you to our facilities. As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, and patrons is our primary priority.
Jenks Public Schools requires the wearing of masks at school for students and staff so we will be applying this same expectation to athletic events. Along with the school requirements, the City of Jenks also mandates the wearing of masks. We are limiting our seating capacity in our indoor facilities to a maximum of 25%. We will close every other seating row in the facility and ask spectators to keep at least two seats between them and another travel party. Spectators will not be allowed to sit in rows designated as closed and must wear masks during the entirety of the event.
When you attend events in our facilities, we are asking you to follow the guidelines below:
- Masks or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons or anyone entering a Jenks Public Schools facility. Refusal to wear a mask or face covering will prevent admittance into the facility. We ask that all patrons exercise social distancing procedures within JPS facilities.
- Participants, officials and coaches may remove their masks when they reach their perspective playing field or court (ex: volleyball: on the court, softball: inside the playing field fence).
- Jenks ticket takers and sellers will be masked and gloved.
- While we believe sportsmanship is paramount to the development of young people, at this time, we will recommend no hand shaking between opposing teams, both before and after games, to reduce contact as much as possible.
- At some of our venues, there may be seating areas marked off as unavailable. Please refrain from sitting in these areas to help us keep everyone safe.
- For Participants, Officials, and Coaches, no shared towels, clothing, shoes, water bottles, or equipment.
- Locker Rooms will be accessible to teams, but we highly recommend visiting teams come dressed and ready to participate for the event. Masks will be required in the locker rooms, athletic training rooms, and coaches’ offices and any area considered outside of the playing field or court.
- Only necessary personnel will be allowed in the press box or at the scorer’s table.
- When traveling to and from away events, all Jenks coaches and student/athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our Athletic Department at 918-299-4415 x. 2214, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
A Tradition of Excellence with a Vision for Tomorrow!
Jenks Public Schools
205 East B Street