Title I: Family Engagement Plan
Jenks West Elementary
Click here for the plan in Burmese
Click here for the plan in Zomi
Click here for the plan in Spanish
Click here to view the Annual Parent Information Presentation
West Elementary, in conjunction with Jenks Public Schools, agrees to work in a cooperative manner with parents, the school, and the community to plan and implement Title I programs.
We recognize the word “parent” may include guardians and other family members involved in supervising the child’s education. West Elementary will provide full opportunities for participation in programs and practices established to meet the diverse needs, languages, and cultures of students and parents.
Elements of Effective Programs
Jenks West Elementary will put into operation Title I programs, activities, and procedures that enhance family engagement. Parent and family engagement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication focused on students’ academic achievement and other school activities. To develop an effective program West Elementary will:
- assist parents in playing an integral role in their child’s learning.
- encourage parents to be actively involved in their child’s education at school.
- include parents as full partners in their child’s education and, as appropriate, in decision-making.
- make available community resources to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student learning.
- recognize, encourage, and support the diverse perspectives and experiences students and families bring to the school community.
West Elementary will provide professional development opportunities to its staff in ways to communicate and work with parents as equal partners, recognize and support student diversity, and to ensure children's academic success. West Elementary will provide training and resources to help parents support and improve children’s academic achievement.
Commitment to Implementation
This policy is available to all West Elementary parents. As we implement parent engagement programs, support will be provided to both parents and staff. We highly value parent input and know that it is crucial in the planning process. West Elementary’s school planning process includes the following:
- West Elementary will involve parents in the joint development of the Jenks Public Schools Parent and Family Engagement Plan through the Advisory Board.
- West Elementary will involve parents in the development of the school’s Title I site Parent and Family Engagement Plan and Compact.
- West Elementary will plan and implement effective parent and family engagement activities to improve students' academic achievement, school performance, and strengthen the partnership between the school and families.
- West Elementary will provide technical assistance and/or language support for the inclusion of all parents and work with parents as equal partners in their child’s education.
- West Elementary will ensure that information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is written in a language and format that parents can understand.
Commitment to Evaluation
West Elementary will involve parents in an annual meeting to evaluate the content and effectiveness of this family engagement plan in order to continuously improve the quality of its Title I program.
This School Site Parent and Family Engagement Plan has been jointly developed and agreed on with parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs, as evidenced by the signatures below.
This policy was adopted by West Elementary on September 9, 2020 and will be in effect for the period of August 2020-October 2021.