Title I: Program at West Elementary
Title I is the largest federally funded program for supplementary services designed to improve the educational performance of students working below grade level. West Elementary offers programs in reading/ Students may be served through pull-out labs and/or by the specialist going into the classroom. Great effort is given to coordination between regular classroom instruction and the Title I program, giving students the support needed for success throughout the day.
Jennifer Hoag - Director of Assessment/Title I
Luanna Galles - Elementary Academic Coordinator
Suzanne Lair - West Elementary Site Principal
Click here for a video about our program
Lacey Haynie, M.Ed.-Building F
RaeAnne Ross, Ph.D.-Building D
Our Jenks West Elementary Schoolwide Plan goals include:
- Increase the reading proficiency of all students.
- Provide teaching staff with professional development opportunities to assist them with meeting the learning needs of a diverse student population.
- Encourage parents to participate in parental involvement opportunities and engage in various school committees
These goals will be met through an increased focus on:
- Progress monitoring and documentation to support student growth.
- Differentiated instructional strategies.
- Collaboration across departments including (Title 1, ELD, and SPED)
- Professional development focused on enhancing teachers’ understanding of the 3 Tiered System of Instruction and how to support English Learners in the classroom.
- Practices to support parent and family involvement at West elementary.
If you are interested in viewing the entire Title I Site Plan, please contact Jenks West Elementary Building D Office at 918-299-4415 x5600