Parent Portal Information
This letter contains IMPORTANT INFORMATION that must be completed prior to schedule pick-up and Meet the Teacher events. Jenks Public Schools is pleased to announce some exciting changes for the 2013-2014 school year. Once again, continuing enrollment will be completed through an online process. This year, the log-in for this process will be on the Parent Portal site. Directions are found in Sections I, II, and III of this letter. Also available on Parent Portal is the ability for families to customize preferences on receiving information from the District and school sites. These directions are found in Section IV. Please carefully read the information below for directions on each of these items.
I. If you do not have a Parent Portal account:
You will need your student’s “Access ID” and “Access Password.” These codes are on the reverse side of this letter, to the right of the student’s address.
Create an account at https://powerschool.jenksps.org/public using the following steps:
- Click on “Create Account.”
- In the “Create Parent Account” section, fill in the desired information.
- In the “Link Students to Account” section, fill in Student Name, Access ID, Access Password , and Relationship.
- Click “Enter.”
You have now created a Parent Portal account. Please be sure to record your Username and Password for future reference.
II. If you do not remember your Parent Portal Username and/or Password:
Go to https://powerschool.jenksps.org/public and click on “Having trouble signing in?” located under the “Password” box. This will take you to the “Recover Account Sign In Information” page where you will be able to recover the desired information.
III. If you have a Parent Portal account (or after one has been created):
Use the following steps in order to log-in and complete all continuing enrollment forms for your student(s). This process must be completed before attending schedule pick-up or Meet the Teacher at your student’s school.
- Log-in to Parent Portal at https://powerschool.jenksps.org/public using your Username and Password.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click on the first icon that looks like an electric plug.
- Click on “Registration Forms.” This will take you to School Office Pro where you will complete all of the online continuing enrollment forms for your student.
IV. To customize how messages are received from the District or school sites:
Follow the steps below to choose how you would like to receive information.
- Log-in to Parent Portal at https://powerschool.jenksps.org/public.
- In the column on the left side of the screen, click on “PowerAnnouncement.”
- Click on “Expand All.”
- Choose how you prefer to receive messages in the three sections: Preferences by Message Type, Preferences by Contact Field, and Preferences by Message Category.
- In the Preferences by Contact Field section, please verify the contact information in phone number and email fields. You may make changes to these fields at any time during the school year when your contact information changes.
- Click on “Save Preferences,” located in the bottom right hand corner.
Any parent of a student who attended Jenks Public School last year or who enrolled prior to the receipt of this letter must complete the process prior to the Meet the Teacher and schedule pickup events.
If you do not have access to a computer, you may visit the public library or contact your child’s site for dates and times when computers will be available for use.
Please note, any change of address must be completed at the Jenks Public Schools Enrollment Center located at the intersection of 3rd and B Streets in Jenks. Address changes require a proof of residence and can be found in the Enrollment section of the Jenks Public Schools website at www.jenksps.org.