Title IA - Improving Academic Achievement of Disadvantaged
Title I is a federally funded program used to provide supplementary educational services in reading and math to students who are at risk of failing to meet the state assessment standards. Jenks Public Schools has school-wide Title I programs at East Elementary, Northwest Elementary, West Intermediate, and East Intermediate. The Title I staff consists of highly qualified, certified teachers and reading specialists. Following is a list of staff members:
- Jennifer Hoag, Director of Student Support and Accountability
- LuAnna Galles, Elementary Academic Coordinator
|Title I Teacher||Site||Grade and Subject|
|Lisa Kirkley||East Elementary||Kindergarten Reading|
|Dee Shell||East Elementary||1st Grade Reading|
|Adrienne Barnes||East Elementary||2nd Grade Reading|
|Lindsay Wessinger||East Elementary||3-4th Grade Reading|
|Shelby Crawford||East Elementary||3-4th Grade Reading|
|Allie Lawson||East Elementary||2nd Grade Math|
|Laura Neal||East Elementary||3-4th Grade Math|
|Brandon Eiland||East Elementary||3-4th Grade Math|
|Traci Nelson||Northwest Elementary||1st Grade Reading|
|Carisa Smith||Northwest Elementary||2nd Grade Reading|
|Carol Worley||Northwest Elementary||3-4th Grade Reading|
|Kelly Faul||Northwest Elementary||2nd Grade Math|
|Laura Goss||Northwest Elementary||3-4th Grade Math|
|Lacey Haynie||East Intermediate||5-6th Grade Reading|
|Ellen Eldredge||East Intermediate||5-6th Grade Math|
|Colleen Fate||West Intermediate||5-6th Grade Math|
|Heather Corle||West Intermediate||5-6th Grade Reading|
Parents Right to Know
In accordance with Parents Right-to-Know requirement under Every Student Succeeds Act - ESSA, Section1112 (e)(1)(A) this is a notification from Jenks Public Schools to every parent/guardian of a student in a Title I school that you have the right to request and receive the following information in a timely manner.
- Information regarding the professional qualifications of your student’s classroom teachers.
- If the teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade level and subject areas taught;
- If the teacher is teaching under emergency or temporary status in which the state qualifications and licensing criteria are waived;
- The teachers baccalaureate degree major, graduate certification, and field of discipline; and
- Whether the student is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications
[ESSA, Section 1112(e)(1)(A)(i)-(ii)]
- Notification if your student has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet the applicable state certification for licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.
[ESSA, Section 1112(e)(1)(B)(ii)]
- Information regarding any State or local educational agency policy regarding student participation in any assessments mandated by section 1111(b)(2) and by the State or local educational agency, which shall include a policy, procedure, or parental right to opt the child out of such assessment, where applicable.
[ESSA, Section 1112(e)(2)(A)]
- In addition, parents of an English learner may request to:
- have the child immediately removed from an English Learner (EL) program; [ESSA 1112(e)(3)(A)(viii)(i)]
- decline the child’s enrollment in an EL program, or choose another program or method of instruction, if available; [ESSA, Section 1112(e)(3)(A)(viii)(ii)]
- receive assistance in selecting among various programs and methods of instruction, if more than 1 program or method is offered by the eligible entity. [ESSA 1112(e)(3)(A)(viii)(iii)]
- Patrons also have the right to review the district and site Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan.
- As a recipient of Federal Grants, Jenks Public Schools make every effort to use the awarded federal funds properly by following State and federal laws concerning each grant. Anyone who observes, detects, or suspects improper use of federal funds may report that information to the Office of the Inspector General’s hotline at 1-800-MISUSED.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school principal at your child’s school.