Media Center Policies
Jenks West Intermediate Circulation Policies
Jenks West Intermediate Media Center developed circulation guidelines and procedures to ensure fair access to information for all patrons.
Number of Items:
- Students may borrow two items at a time, only one of which can be a Playaway.
- Teachers may request that students check out a specific item for class (example: book for a book club, book for science research). In these cases, students may have three items at a time (2 student choice, 1 teacher request).
- There is no limit to the number of items that a teacher may check out.
- Students may borrow items for two weeks. Due dates are stamped on the inside of the book at check-out. Due dates are always on a day that school is in session, so occasionally; a student may have a book for a bit longer than two weeks.
- Novel Set books (book club books) check out for a six week period.
- Reference materials may not be checked out by students, but teachers may check them out for classroom use at the discretion of the media staff.
- Teachers may keep items as long as needed for a class project, keeping in mind that other classes likely need access to the materials in a timely manner.
- Mrs. McCoin and Ms. Wilburn are happy to put a book on hold for you, or you can log in to Destiny and place the hold yourself. You will receive an email when your hold is ready.
- A student may have two items on hold at a time.
- A hold remains on the hold shelf for 7 days. After that, the hold expires and the book is reshelved. Be sure to check your school Gmail daily for hold notices.
- Students may renew a book twice if it is not on hold by another student. If there is a hold on the book, it cannot be renewed.
- Overdue notices are sent to students each Wednesday.
- Students will not be allowed to check out additional items until overdue items are returned.
- A letter will be sent to the parents of students that have a book overdue more than a month.
- Overdue fines are not charged.
- Students are expected to pay for the replacement of lost or damaged books or to replace the book itself.
- Students will not be allowed to check out additional materials until they have made restitution for missing or damaged items.
- At the discretion of the librarian, a payment plan can be established.