Title I: Program at East Elementary
Title I is the largest federally funded program for supplementary services designed to improve the educational performance of students working below grade level. East Elementary offers programs in reading and math. Students may be served through pull-out labs and/or by the specialist going into the classroom. Great effort is given to coordination between regular classroom instruction and the Title I program, giving students the support needed for success throughout the day.
Jennifer Hoag - Director of Assessment/Title I
Luanna Galles - Elementary Academic Coordinator
Ryan Glaze - East Elementary Site Principal
Adrienne Barnes - Building F Reading
Dee Shell - Building F Reading
Allie Lawson - Building F Math
Lindsay Wessinger - Building D Reading
Brandon Eiland - Building D Math
Shelby Crawford - Building E Reading
Laura Neal - Building E Math
Our Jenks East Elementary Schoolwide Plan goals include:
• Increase the reading proficiency of all students, focusing on the needs of specific subgroups.
• Increase the math proficiency of all students in grades two, three and four, focusing on the needs of specific subgroups.
• Teaching staff will be provided with professional development to assist them with meeting the learning needs of a diverse student population.
These goals will be met through an increased focus on:
• Units of instruction including pre and post tests.
• Differentiated instructional strategies.
• Discussing student work collaboratively and using this info to drive instruction.
• Collaboration and classroom observation opportunities.
• Professional development promoting effective classroom management skills.
• Process and practices to support students and families as they transition from grade to grade.
If you are interested in viewing the entire Title I Schoolwide Plan, please contact Jenks East Elementary Building C Office at 918-299-4415 x5501 or x5502.