Faul's Classroom Updates:
September 3rd - No school
September 6th - No school
September 10th - Fundraiser Orders Due
September 17th - School Carnival 5:00 - 7:00
September 20th - Rose Hill School Field Trip 7:45
September 22nd - Individual School Pictures
Need your help with:
1. One long sock to use as eraser for students' marker boards - tube socks are perfect
2. Addition and Subtraction Facts review - students should know them by heart. (1-20)
3. Encouraging students to read at home
1. Math- We have begun our study of Geometry! We are focusing on lots of vocabulary - points, lines, line segments, rays, angles, polygons, quadrangles, and parallel lines. We are drawing and constructing using a compass and a straightedge.
2. Reading - Our focus is monitoring Comprehension, building reading stamina and several comprehension skills. We are also working on choosing a "just right book" for independent reading.
3. Writing - We are establishing our Writer's Notebook and beginning to learn to enjoy writing by using personal experiences.
4. Social Studies - In Unit One, we are focusing on landforms, latitude and longitude, and geography terms. Then we will touch on an overview of the U.S. - landscape, climate, and natural resources.
It has been a delightful start to the year. Thanks for all you do at home to inspire these wonderful fourth graders!
I hope to see you all at conferences in October!!!