Jenks West Intermediate Media Policies
Jenks West Intermediate Circulation Policies
Jenks West Intermediate Media Center developed circulation guidelines and procedures to ensure fair access to information for all patrons.
Number of Items:
- Students may borrow two items at a time, only one of which can be a Playaway.
- Teachers may request that students check out a specific item for class (example: book for a book club, book for science research). In these cases, students may have three items at a time (2 student choice, 1 teacher request).
- There is no limit to the number of items that a teacher may check out.
- Students may borrow items for two weeks. Due dates are stamped on the inside of the book at check-out. Due dates are always on a day that school is in session, so occasionally; a student may have a book for a bit longer than two weeks.
- Novel Set books (book club books) check out for a six week period.
- Reference materials may not be checked out by students, but teachers may check them out for classroom use at the discretion of the media staff.
- Teachers may keep items as long as needed for a class project, keeping in mind that other classes likely need access to the materials in a timely manner.
- Mrs. McCoin and Ms. Wilburn are happy to put a book on hold for you, or you can log in to Destiny and place the hold yourself. You will receive an email when your hold is ready.
- A student may have two items on hold at a time.
- A hold remains on the hold shelf for 7 days. After that, the hold expires and the book is reshelved. Be sure to check your school Gmail daily for hold notices.
- Students may renew a book twice if it is not on hold by another student. If there is a hold on the book, it cannot be renewed.
- Overdue notices are sent to students each Wednesday.
- Students will not be allowed to check out additional items until overdue items are returned.
- A letter will be sent to the parents of students that have a book overdue more than a month.
- Overdue fines are not charged.
- Students are expected to pay for the replacement of lost or damaged books or to replace the book itself.
- Students will not be allowed to check out additional materials until they have made restitution for missing or damaged items.
- At the discretion of the librarian, a payment plan can be established.