Susan Cronk, Curriculum Resource Instructor
For over thirty years I have been working as an educator with a broad range of successful experiences including: classroom teacher in Kindergarten, Developmental First Grade, First Grade, Second Grade, Reading Specialist for 3rd – 5th grades, and 6th Grade Language Arts/Social Studies. I have also been a Technology Coordinator at site level (JSE & JWE) and currently am the Web Page Master for JWE. My current role is that of Curriculum Resource Instructor.
I have been with Jenks Public Schools for thirty years. Some of the distinguished awards and appointments I have received are:
- Appointed to Superintendent's Continuous Improvement Committee.
- Participated in the districts first, Teaching and Learning Leadership Development Program, conducted in 2011-12.
- Presented at the 2012 National Quality Education Conference
- Was a recipient of the Jenks Public School Vision of Excellence Award 2000
- Recognized as Jenks Public School Site Teacher of the Year (JSE 2000)
- Earned National Board Certification Early Childhood Generalist 2002-2012
I work and collaborate with a great team of colleagues and administrators. As the Curriculum Resource Instructor my main responsibilities are Pre-Kindergarten, Third, and Fourth Grades.
My days, weeks, and months vary with:
- supporting new teachers to our district with policies and procedures at the district and site level
- working with students to support teachers
- modeling lessons
- assisting teachers with planning lessons
- conducting Professional Learning Communities
- serving on the district curriculum adoption committee
- serving on site leadership
- attending weekly Lead Team Meeting (Site & Building principals, CRI's, Literacy Coach, & I.B.Coordinator)
- maintaining the JWE Web Page
- facilitating site and district curricular initiatives
I feel it is essential to stay current in the field of education and strive for best practice in our work here at Jenks West Elementary. My responsibility is to translate, support, and help implement that work so the learning opportunities for students and teachers at JWE stay in the realm of best practice. I strive to keep these elements at the forefront of my work. As an educator I feel it is one of my biggest responsibilities to prepare the youth of today for the world of tomorrow. I accept that challenge and do so with great enthusiasm. My work is devoted to students, teachers, and administration here at Jenks West Elementary on their educational journey.