Online Resources You Can Use from Home!
Your children can access these resources anywhere there is an Internet connection. They can help them get excited about reading and books and extend learning beyond school hours. Since these are subscription-based, you will need to contact Deanna Tirrell, Media Specialist, for the website address and login information, or if you have any questions.
BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks. This engaging resource for children will help readers develop and practice essential reading skills and introduces students to a world of knowledge and exploration. (This resource is purchased with funds raised by our Scholastic Book Fairs!)
- 90+ classic video storybooks each paired with a related nonfiction eBook.
- Spanish language versions of 22+ pairs.
- Read-aloud supports so students can hear each book narrated and also hear definitions of key words and directions for each activity.
- Educational games and activities so children can show what they have learned.
- Safe, age-appropriate web links selected by Scholasticâs editors so kids can extend their learning on a topic.
- Meet the author section to learn more about the author of each fiction book.
TumbleBooksis a collection of animated, talking picture books with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles. It also includes Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books, and Tumble Puzzles & Games. TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books.
PebbleGo is an online database for research in online texts for emergent readers. Each database features expertly-leveled text and navigation specifically designed for beginning researchers. Enriched with spoken-word audio, text highlighting and audio and video clips, PebbleGo builds a foundation of research skills for every learner.
PebbleGoNext – similar features as above, based in nonfiction books for grades 3-6. Current topics available include US Regions and Native American Culture Areas.
ScienceFlix combines curriculum-driven, leveled content, interactive features, and intuitive navigation into a single, highly-engaging digital resource for students in grades 4 through 9. ScienceFlix is available for use on PCs, Macs and most tablets and mobile devices.
Britannica Online School Edition: Separate levels for Elementary, Middle, and HS
Enciclopedia Juvenil: Resources in Spanish - Britannica Escolar Online for ages 6-12