Board of Education
From left to right: Chuck Forbes, Tracy Kennedy, Ron Barber, Melissa Abdo, Terry Keeling
Members of the Jenks Public School Board of Education are elected to a five-year term. One member is elected from each of the five wards in the District. A map showing the wards can be found HERE.
|Name and Position||E-mail Address||Term||Ward|
|Chuck Forbes, Presidentemail@example.com||2015-2020||Ward 5|
|Tracy Kennedy, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||2016-2021||Ward 1|
|Terry Keeling, Memberemail@example.com||2017-2022||Ward 2|
|Melissa Abdo, Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||2018-2023||Ward 3|
|Ron Barber, Memberemail@example.com||2019-2024||Ward 4|
Board Policy - Click Here for Board Policy
Clerk of the Board
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent & Clerk of the Board
Phone: (918) 299-4415, ext. 2201
Fax: (918) 299-9197
Human Resources Specialist & Deputy Clerk of the Board
Phone: (918) 299-4415, ext. 2305
Fax: (918) 298-6602
The School Board conducts the business of the district in an orderly and efficient manner and regulates public presentations to the Board. Most Regular Board meetings are held on the second Monday of every month unless the regular meeting date falls on or immediately following a holiday. Meetings normally begin at 5:00 p.m. and are held in the Board Room on the first floor of the Jenks Public Schools Education Service Center, located at 211 East A Street, Jenks, Oklahoma.
- November 21, 2019
- December 9, 2019
- January 13, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- April 13, 2020
- May 11, 2020
- June 8, 2020
- July 13, 2020
- August 10, 2020
- September 14, 2020
- October 12, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- December 14, 2020
There are two ways in which the public may address the Board of Education, these include Public Comments and Hearing of the Public. The procedure for each of these is described below:
The Board may allow public comments under a segment of the agenda. Such comments will be restricted to the specific agenda items that appear on the Board agenda for that meeting. The total time allowed for the public comments agenda item will be thirty (30) minutes, with a maximum time of five (5) minutes being allowed for each citizen to comment. Citizens will be required to register fifteen (15) minutes prior to the starting time of the Board meeting with the Clerk of the Board, indicating the speaker and specific agenda item that will be discussed. Citizen comments will be considered on a first come, first serve basis.
HEARING OF THE PUBLIC:
- The request to speak must be received in writing by the Clerk of the Board by 4 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the Board meeting date and must include the topic and the name of the speaker.
- Topics for discussion must be specific in nature, as required by law for public meetings. (Items for discussion may be reviewed by the Board attorney. The Board liaison will contact citizens by phone if the topic must be worded more specifically.)
- Five minutes are allowed for each citizen to comment. If the Board asks questions of the speaker, the speaker's response time will not be included in the time limit. After the citizen(s) has presented his/her views, the floor will be closed to the public and opened for the Board only, to ask questions, have discussion or make comments.
- No person who has publicly announced or filed as a candidate for public office may use the public comments or hearing of the public portions of the School Board meeting as a forum for campaigning.
- School Board policies, state law, and federal law have established separate and distinct procedures and forums for the resolution of employee grievances, employee complaints, employee suspensions and terminations, complaints against individual employees, pupil suspensions and appeals, and litigation. To avoid circumvention of those separate proceedings and to ensure fairness to all parties concerned, no person will be permitted to speak regarding the following:
a. an issue in a pending lawsuit, complaint or investigation filed with an outside agency, wherein the school district, employee(s), or the School Board is a party;
b. a pending grievance;
c. a pending employee complaint filed with the school district or outside agency;
d. complaint against individual employee(s);
e. employee disciplinary action, suspension, demotion, non-reemployment or termination;
f. a pending pupil suspension or appeal which may reach the Board of Education.
The Board reserves the right to permit only one person to present the views of an organization or group. The Boards reserves the right to limit the time and decorum of any citizen. The Board or Board designee may respond in writing to questions or concerns following the deliberation.
|Board Meeting Agendas||Board Meeting Minutes/Summaries|
|August 12, 2019 Regular Meeting Agendas||August 12, 2019 Minutes|
|August 26, 2019 Special Meeting Agendas||August 26, 2019 Minutes|
|September 9, 2019 Regular Meeting Agendas||September 9, 2019 Minutes|
|September 23 2019 Special Meeting Agendas||September 23, 2019 Minutes|
|October 14, 2019 Regular Meeting Agendas||October 14, 2019 Minutes|
|November 11, 2019 Regular Meeting Agendas|