Mission & Goals
Jenks Public Schools, inspired by a tradition of excellence, is committed to the shared responsibility of preparing all learners for productive, responsible citizenship in an ever-changing world.
Jenks Public Schools Goal Statements for 2016-2019
Goal 1: Achieve Excellence in the Five "A"s: Academics, Activities, Attitude, the Arts, and Athletics
To achieve excellence in the Five "A"s, Jenks Public Schools will
- prepare all students to be productive and responsible citizens who are equipped to pursue excellence in an ever-changing world.
- offer a wide range of experiences which promote the development of the whole person.
- promote health and wellness for students, staff, and community members.
- provide professional development opportunities which support and encourage effective teaching and learning.
Goal 2: Focus on Fiscal Stability
To maintain focus on fiscal stability, Jenks Public Schools will
- ensure that District resources are maintained efficiently and responsibly.
- leverage funding sources effectively for capital improvements and operational expenses.
Goal 3: Realize A Vision for Tomorrow
To realize its vision for tomorrow, Jenks Public Schools will
- provide a safe and secure learning environment for students and staff members.
- promote and recognize excellence in public education in order to strengthen our community, state, and nation.
- utilize research-based, leading edge instruction and learning opportunities in face-to-face, blended, and virtual classroom settings.
- enhance the opportunity for parents to actively participate in their children's education.
- ensure effective communication among students, staff, parents, and community members.
Approved by the BOE August 1, 2016