Processes for Title I
Process for Title 1
WHAT IS TITLE I?
Title I is the largest federally funded program for elementary and secondary schools which supports supplementary services designed to improve the educational performance of students working below expectancy. In Jenks Public Schools, the Title I program at Jenks Northwest Elementary is a Schoolwide Program. Teachers use a wide variety of research-based instructional strategies and models, flexible groupings, and differentiated instruction to address the needs of all students.
HOW DO STUDENTS RECEIVE TITLE I SERVICES?
The students may be served through pull-out labs and/or by the specialist going into the classroom. Coordination between regular classroom instruction and the reading and/or math specialist gives students the support needed for success throughout the day.
HOW DO THE TEACHERS AND PARENTS COMMUNICATE?
· Parent Meetings—Each site conducts a parent meeting for the purpose of addressing questions and giving helpful information to parents.
· Title I Advisory Board—This board is made up of representatives of the Title I staff, classroom teachers, parents, and administrators. They meet during the year for the purpose of reviewing and revising the Title I District Plan, providing helpful ideas for program improvement, and act as a sounding board when new instructional resources are previewed. Any parent can volunteer to serve.
· Parent and Family Engagement Nights—These are fun nights prepared by each grade level for the students and their parents. The goal of these nights is to give parents tools and strategies to help their children.
· Phone Calls, Email, and Social Media - Communication between the school and home is crucial in assuring a successful year for the student.
· Parent Conferences—Reading and/or math specialists communicate regularly with classroom teachers and are available to attend scheduled parent conferences. Conferences may be held anytime throughout the year at the request of the teacher or parent.
The Schoolwide Plan and Parent Involvement Plan are reviewed annually. All parents are welcome to attend the Title I Advisory Meeting. If interested, contact Kelly Faul at 918-299-4415 x1750. Translators are available upon request.