Why Chinese? Why Spanish?
- Knowing Chinese or Spanish enable students to compete effectively in the global
economy of the future.
- Learning a second language develops critical and creative thinking skills.
- Learning a second language increases the propensity to learn other languages.
- Enhances student intellectual development.
- Increases student listening skills in order to hear distinctions between sounds.
- Supports a greater appreciation for people and their culture from Spanish speaking countries.
- Encourages students to attempt academic and social challenges.
- Supports higher academic performance as compared to monolingual students.
- Provides an academic advantage when making applications to universities.
- Improves marketability when entering a career.
- Equips students with greater opportunities to communicate with other global citizens.