Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation
Jenks Public Schools logo
A tradition of excellence with a vision for tomorrow
peachjar icon
twitter icon
instagram icon
linkedin icon
facebook icon
Main Navigation


Ajax Loading Image


Separation from Employment

Involuntary or voluntary separation from employment severs the employee/employer relationship and changes the options on benefit programs. The following information explains the options if separated.

EGID Health, Dental, and Vision: Coverage continues until the end of the month of separation. Then, you may continue the coverage under COBRA for a limited time. You pay the premiums at a slightly higher rate. Contact the Insurance/Benefit Office for information at (918) 299-4415 extensions 2379 or 2313.

Life: District paid life insurance continues until the month of separation. You may convert the coverage to a permanent policy.  Please contact the Insurance/Benefit Office if you are interested in converting your group life policy to a permanent policy.  Request for the conversion must be completed within 31 days of resignation.

Flex Benefit Accounts:  You have 90 days after the plan year ends to submit medical reimbursement of claims for expenses incurred prior to separation. You will forfeit any funds that cannot be claimed for medical expenses incurred during employment.  However, you have the opportunity to participate with after-tax dollars through COBRA and may want to do so if you had made contributions in excess of incurred expenses at the time of separation.

Voluntary Plans:  Below is a list of benefit plans that can be continued by the employee following separation of service.  Please contact the vendor directly to continue premium payments for these plans. 

  • American Fidelity Products:  1-800-662-1113
    • AF - Cancer Policy
    • AF - Accident Policy
    • AF - Long Term Care Policy
    • AF - Life Insurance
    • AF - GAP Policy
    • AF - Health Reimbursement Account
  • Texas Life:  1-800-283-9233